Re: Postgresql Materialized views

From: Mark Mielke <mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc>
To: Jean-Michel Pouré <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql Materialized views
Date: 2008-01-12 15:26:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> In my past development projects, I always used the concept of
> Materialized VIEW to speed-up SELECTs over INSERTs

Unless you are going to *pay* for it - you do realize that the best way
to get it implemented, would be to open up the source code, and give it
a try yourself?

If it was so easy, and such a clear win, I think one of the very
competent people using PostgreSQL today would have already done it?

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <mark(at)mielke(dot)cc>