Re: GSM phone + SIM card?

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL EU <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSM phone + SIM card?
Date: 2008-01-08 11:30:19
Lists: pgeu-general

David Fetter a écrit :
> Folks,
>
> Here in the very backward and strange land of CDMA, I have a phone
> that works fine, but only here. When I'm in most of the rest of the
> world, I'm phoneless, which makes things kinda tough, so I'm looking
> for a way to get:
>
> 1. An unlocked GSM phone that's just a phone. Simplicity is key.

I have to refind the model, but I suggest you one with liquid ink.
*Very* long uptime, very simple (made usable by illiterate people), cheap

> 2. Some way to acquire a SIM card, ideally one that will work
> EU-wide.

You can buy expansive card in any shop in France, for ready-to-use.
(good for receiving only)
There are 3 main companies which resell to others.
I would suggest you to avoid 'bouygues' and prefer orange or sfr.

As other says : every phone are EU compatible, but in France you
frequently have to specify your provider you want to use it from other
country (it can be done by a simple call)

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données