Re: Live-CDs

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jpargudo(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Live-CDs
Date: 2008-01-06 21:13:21
Lists: pgeu-general

Hi all,

> A live CD is a waste for the 8.2 cycle. I know you want something to
> hand out at FOSDEM but I don't feel we would be doing a bunch of FOSS
> users visiting FOSSDEM any good by providing them what is about to be an
> antiquated release.

IMHO, a live CD to such experimented users is a pure waste. I think they
will all prefer a PostgreSQL Mug, TShirt or badge ;-)

They all know how to test PostgreSQL if they want to.

That's just my feeling about it...

OTOH, for Solutions Linux 2008 (30,31th jan, 1st feb 2008), we have all
kind of visitors, and they'd love to have a live CD !!

So I'm +1 to have a new version of the live CD, but I think thats not
the goodie geeks would expect from us at FOSDEM.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQLFr.org