Re: Postgres from PHP in Leopard

From: brian <brian(at)zijn-digital(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres from PHP in Leopard
Date: 2007-12-24 19:48:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Steve Atkins wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2007, at 7:35 AM, Gordon wrote:
>
>> On Dec 19, 11:32 am, Gordon <gordon(dot)mc(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)ntlworld(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm a web developer who does a lot of work in PHP. The back end
>>> database we use is bases on Postgres. I am trying to set my new
>>> MacBook Pro up as a development system.
>>>
>>> I have managed to install Postgres
>>> fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlformac/
>>> and can access the database on my mac with tools such as pgAdmin. I
>>> have also enabled the bundled Apache and PHP extensions.
>>>
>>> However, the problem is that I can't get PHP to talk to Postgres.
>>> Running phpinfo () on the built in PHP shows that database support
>>> extends as MySql, Mysqli and SQLite extensions, and SQLite drivers for
>>> PDO. What I really need is a Postgres extension for maintaining older
>>> code and a Postgres PDO driver for new code in development.
>>

> It sounds like a PHP problem, not a Postgresql problem. You're
> more likely to get help with it if you ask on a PHP mailing list, I
> suspect.

It's a bit of both, really. You might need to re-compile PHP to make it
aware of PG. Did you install it through Fink?

Which ever, I suggest you have a look at these articles (mind the
line-breaks):

http://fatalerror.wordpress.com/2007/12/23/\
installing-apache-php-mysql-postgresql-on-mac-osx-leopard-from-source/

http://fatalerror.wordpress.com/2007/12/14/\
running-apache-2-php5-entropy-with-postgresql-on-leopard/

brian