[TLM] Re: Postgres from PHP in Leopard

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
To: brian <brian(at)zijn-digital(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [TLM] Re: Postgres from PHP in Leopard
Date: 2007-12-25 00:28:15
Lists: pgsql-general

brian wrote:

> Steve Atkins wrote:

>> It sounds like a PHP problem, not a Postgresql problem. You're
>> more likely to get help with it if you ask on a PHP mailing list, I
>> suspect.
>
> It's a bit of both, really. You might need to re-compile PHP to make it
> aware of PG. Did you install it through Fink?

That would be Apple - they don't provide postgresql support with the php
supplied with OSX. Also their updates can often wipe out a custom built
version of php.

http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/postgres.html

Provides steps to add support which should still apply.

Although he isn't mentioning 10.5 support yet
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/
has been a good source of pre-built php for osx which also provides a
larger feature set compiled into php.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz