Re: Hijack!

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hijack!
Date: 2007-12-12 04:57:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Gregory Williamson wrote:
> * a lot of us have to use what ever the company provides as mail server.
> Exchange sucks but I'd rather not quit my job just because _you_ have a
> problem reading mail that does not conform to the "T" to your
> expectations.

I'm guessing you use Outlook to connect to your Exchange server. In
that case, Outlook is the one that top posts, not Exchange. I found a
utility which can address the Outlook posting style:

http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

That site has a similar add-on for Outlook Express.

Now, a gripe rightly attributable to the to PG mailing list setup is
that every time I reply, I have to:

(1) use reply all, because reply is set to go to the individual rather
than the list

(2) delete all the individual addressees so only the list is left, then
change that from CC to TO

(3) change my from identity to the one used for the list; although the
list always posts to the identity I have set up for mailing lists, for
some reason Thunderbird selects a different identity when I reply.

--
Guy Rouillier