Re: Coordinating database user accounts with active directory

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Coordinating database user accounts with active directory
Date: 2007-11-21 20:23:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On 21/11/2007 19:44, Marc Munro wrote:
> Is there a simple way of coordinating active directory users with
> database accounts? I am happy to write tools to deal with the database
> end of things, but have no experience with active directory. Any and

You could use a VBScript script on the domain server to dump a
comma-delimited list of users, then use this to generate CREATE USER
statements to create the database users.

I'm not an expert on AD, but I recently had to write a script to
bulk-create user accounts in AD, and I'd be happy to share that with you
if it would give you some pointers.

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie