Re: Training events policy ... first test case

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date: 2007-11-03 16:31:33
Lists: pgsql-www

Hello,

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Peter, All,
>

>> I suggest removing the top 3 items from the home page and put the
>> complete listing on a different page altogether. A link
>> called "Training" should be obvious enough. In reality, the training
>> that happens now or next week shouldn't really interest anyone.
>> Attending that sort of stuff is planned months in advance.
>>

> I think this makes sense. It certainly would be the easiest way to fix
> things.

Actually, I think that its not unusual for us to see a few enrollments
the week before a class... so listing classes that are "next week" is a
good idea - i'm sure this is a trend seen by all training companies....

For us, this becomes even more attractive to companies that decide on
last minute training but wouldn't otherwise go but for the cost of last
minute travel. In our case, we offer an "all inclusive" package, that
we usually honor up until the day before a class (assuming there is
space in the class).

Showing classes that are currently occurring doesn't seem like a good
idea since its too late to enroll. However, it's not uncommon for a
course starting next week to not make it to the homepage until the week
it starts...and for that to drive some last minute enrollments.

just my 2 cents.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.