Re: Indiana changes DST (4th Nov)

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Indiana changes DST (4th Nov)
Date: 2007-10-16 16:27:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> There are a lot of incoming DST or TZ changes (Venezuela, Brazil,
>> Indiana...). Most hot is Indiana which will happen at 4th Nov.
>>
>> http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_usa02.html
>>
>> Is there any schedule to release new minor versions? It seems that new
>> Olson database is in CVS repository and 8.3beta1 contains these changes.
>
> Did you see Postgres release 8.2.5, released 2007-09-17?

You have right. I overlooked correct tag in CVS repository. It contains
correct version.

Can we put more info to the release notes? For example

- Timezone database was updated to tzdata2007h

also add this actual version info into src/timezone/README should help.

There is only mention about New Zealand and is difficult to find this
information.

Thanks Zdenek