Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytools extended transaction ID module to contrib as

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytools extended transaction ID module to contrib as
Date: 2007-10-09 00:11:40
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> So I have no interest in trying to "retire" contrib. I think there's
> room for debate about exactly which modules to include, of course.

I dont' think there's much call for retiring it. I think there is
interest in renaming it, as "contrib" is a wholly misleading name, and
rearranging the modules somewhat, and above all in documenting it properly.

One of the original goals of the buildfarm was to lessen the extent to
which contrib was a second class citizen by making sure it was tested on
the same schedule as the rest of Postgres.

cheers

andrew