Re: Using Postgres as an alias

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date: 2007-09-30 02:14:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 9/29/2007 9:47 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> - --On Saturday, September 29, 2007 20:04:02 -0400 Jan Wieck
> <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just because you cannot imagine that correcting someone can be done in a
>> polite way doesn't mean that insisting on Postgre not being an accepted alias
>> is necessarily rude and ignorant by definition.
>
> Sorry, that wasn't what I was implying ... one impression I've gotten from all
> of these threads is that there have been people 'jumping down the throats' of
> ppl using either Postgres or Postgre ... not ppl 'politely correcting', but
> people being overtly rude ...

I know. And I know those people ... I am frequently enough on the IRC
channels to witness it actually happening (although I am not as frequent
on them as I probably should be). Someone may accuse me of being one of
those people, because it depends on my overall mood how much of a jerk I
can be and it also depends on how much people consider jerking being rude.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #