restoring a backup and maintaining dependencies?

From: Robert Starr <rob(at)surrenderdorothy(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: restoring a backup and maintaining dependencies?
Date: 2007-09-13 04:56:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi again :)

I have saved out these commands:

CREATE TABLE group_items
(
id serial NOT NULL,
group_id integer,
group_type text,
item_id integer,
visible integer,
CONSTRAINT "group_items_PK" PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
WITHOUT OIDS;
ALTER TABLE group_items OWNER TO postgres;

CREATE SEQUENCE group_items_id_seq
INCREMENT 1
MINVALUE 1
MAXVALUE 9223372036854775807
START 1
CACHE 1;
ALTER TABLE group_items_id_seq OWNER TO postgres;

If I restore them in pgadmin will they become dependent on each other in
the same way as if I created the table in pgadmin? Or will they just
become separate entities without any form of link? If that IS the case,
how can I link them with SQL code, rather than pgadmin?

Advice appreciated lots, I have a lot to learn here :|

rob