odbc driver/Npgsql comparison

From: David Gardner <david(at)gardnerit(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: odbc driver/Npgsql comparison
Date: 2007-08-30 16:42:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I was just wondering if anyone has done any performance comparisons
between the odbc driver and the Npgsql provider.
I searched through the archives, and couldn't find much. I have been
using the odbc driver for a while now, and am quite happy with it, I
usually end up writing some wrapper classes around ADODB connection and
recordset classes (in VB).

I will probably not port any existing code to the Npgsql provider, but I
am often asked to implement new views onto the existing pgsql backend,
and I am considering it for some new projects. I am interested in
hearing from people who have had success using it.