Re: Request to add EnterpriseDB Postgres to Download page

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Derek Rodner <derek(dot)rodner(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Request to add EnterpriseDB Postgres to Download page
Date: 2007-08-28 16:09:42
Lists: pgsql-www

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> If we want to list this on PostgreSQL.Org I have no problem with it if
> the page also includes links to the complete source (including
> installer). It currently doesn't that I can see.

The installer source isn't there yet largely because it's currently
changing daily and isn't yet ready for public consumption, however we
will be publishing it, probably with the next beta.

There is no precedent for what you request though - we've never had any
sort of policy requiring anything on the site to be fully Open Source,
in fact quite the opposite.

As a quick example, the BitRock installer that has been listed on that
page for many years doesn't offer any source code from what I can see.

> Oh and the Mammoth link is actually wrong. It should be PostgreSQL Core
> http://www.commandprompt.com/products/postgresqlcore

Fixed.

Regards, Dave