Re: Performance Solaris vs Linux

From: Julius Stroffek <Julius(dot)Stroffek(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Fredrik Bertilsson <frebe73(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Solaris vs Linux
Date: 2007-08-21 15:49:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Frederick,

There is an article about tunning the performance of PostgreSQL on
Solaris at
http://tweakers.net/reviews/649/9

which is not quite exactly of what you wanted but it might help you.

I think that Solaris has disk cache turned off by default which linux
does not have
due to possible data loss in case of a power failure.

Regards,

Julo