Re: Authentification failed

From: Terry Fielder <terry(at)ashtonwoodshomes(dot)com>
To: Bryce Nesbitt <bryce1(at)obviously(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, Judith <jaltamirano(at)correolux(dot)com(dot)mx>
Subject: Re: Authentification failed
Date: 2007-08-14 11:40:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

Connecting as root may be ill advised (doing stuff as root is a bad
idea unless one HAS to).

All that notwithstanding, you need to setup the correct permissions to
allow the connections you want in pg_hba.conf, usually is
/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

Terry

Terry Fielder
terry(at)greatgulfhomes(dot)com
Associate Director Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
Fax: (416) 441-9085