Re: PQescapeBytea on Win32

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Key88 SF" <key88sf(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PQescapeBytea on Win32
Date: 2003-03-19 11:32:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Actually this isn't even working for me. I just compiled the libpq dll with
> /MT (multithreaded), and I still get corruption in my app. I even tried
> libpq compiled with multithreaded-debug (/MTd), which my app is using now,
> and still same problem.

No, you need to use multithreaded DLL (/MD in VC6) for both the dll and your program,
then it works.
But since that is not optimal (can't use debug runtime unless you have a second
debug dll (/MDd)), I also think a callback function would be good to have in addition
to linking libpq.dll with /MD.

Informix e.g. supplies SqlFreeMem( void * MemAddr, int FreeType );

Andreas