Re: Problem on AIX with current

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Tatsuo Ishii" <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem on AIX with current
Date: 2001-10-05 14:38:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > BTW, still I'm getting the stucking backends. New info: a snapshot
> > > dated on 10/3 works fine.
> >
> > I allways have trouble with those different date formats. Do you
> > mean, that the problem is fixed as of 3. October, or that an old
> > snapshot from 10. March still worked ?
>
> Of course the working source is 3rd October.

Tom, do you have an idea what you might have fixed to that effect ?

> > Snapshot of 1. Oct 2001 does not hang in "make check" on AIX 4.3.2
> > 4 CPU machine.
>
> Oh, you have 4 way machine too?

Well, the company I work for has all sorts of AIX hardware, but no AIX5
yet.
I usually use a 43P 150 with one 604e CPU for development and testing,
but "borrowed" another one to test the 4 CPU hang :-)

> > So it seems to be a problem on AIX5L only :-( Maybe a
> semaphore bug ?
>
> Maybe. BTW, what is your compiler? I'm using xlc.

Same here, xlc from VisualAge C++, maybe other version:
vac.C 5.0.1.3 COMMITTED C for AIX Compiler

I made the experience, that gcc compiled code is somewhat slower.

Andreas