Re: [HACKERS] Open Items

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open Items
Date: 2004-12-02 23:54:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> I am going to discard these emails. We haven't solve the Win32 terminal
> server problem and I think it needs to be moved to the TODO list instead.

Yes, please do that. I do not think there is a problem on TS other than some
missing permissions. The patch was only intended to avoid starting 2 postmasters
for the same datadir. The patch is not 100% since I was told that my check would
fail on Win95 and falsely assume Win95 allows a \ in the shmem name.
I think that would currently not matter, but it is unclean for the future.

Andreas