Re: Open Items

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open Items
Date: 2004-10-18 14:57:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> o fix shared memory on Win2k terminal server
>
> We might be able to just mark this as not supported.

I have attached a patch that I think fixes this. The problem I saw
and fixed is, that the shmem created in a terminal services client is not
visible to the console (or services.msc).

It was necessary to differenciate OS versions, this might be better put
elsewhere.

I think in addition the system global name "sharemem.1" should be made more
pg specific, like "PostgreSQL.1". I have not done this since a new compile
would not detect a running old beta. But now would be the time (or never).

Andreas

Attachment Content-Type Size
shmem.win32.patch application/octet-stream 772 bytes