Re: Features list

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Features list
Date: 2007-08-10 13:20:58
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> - Option 2 - Add a new horizontal panel under the announcement panel,
>> and above the featured user, containing a 'How can PostgreSQL help me'
>> link (or some other similar text), linking to a page bullet pointing the
>> technical reasons, including the replication info.
>
> This I like more. THe page itself would go under /about, I assume?
>

>> - Option 3 - Add a 'Key Features' menu option to the grey banner,
>> right-justified so it appears under the tagline in the banner. Link this
>> to the same page described in option 2.
>
> Uh, I'm not sure I get what you mean - you mean to the right of the word
> "Support"? If so, then it should be left-justified, not right.

The reason for right justifying it was to put it right under the 'The
world's most advanced Open Source Database' text. But I can see that
doesn't fit in with the whole concept of top and sub level menus.

>> Anyone else have any thoughts or ideas?
>
> Maybe both 2 and 3? ;-)
>
> What kind of page were you envisioning? One listing pure key features, or
> something like Stefans feature-comparison list?
> (http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Feature_Matrix)

A list of key features that any new dev can just scan through and tick
off their basic requirements from.

/D