Installing Postgresql 8.2 on Windows Vista

From: Johan Runnedahl <johan(dot)runnedahl(at)wanted(dot)se>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing Postgresql 8.2 on Windows Vista
Date: 2007-08-08 18:24:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am having problems installing Postgressql 8.2 on Windows Vista.

The first problem I had was related to the UAC which I now have turned
off. But the last problem is that the installer stops when it can't runt
initdb. At this stage it rolls back an removes any possibilities to run
initdb manually.

Is it even possible to install it with the Windows-installer in the
8.2.4 binary. It worked fine on Windows XP.

If it is possible, how should it be done? Does anyone have a
step-by-step guide?

I would appreciate any constructive help on this.

Thanks
/Johan