Connection and transaction triggers

From: James Mansion <james(at)mansionfamily(dot)plus(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connection and transaction triggers
Date: 2007-08-05 10:02:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've been looking at the new trigger features planned for Firebird 2.1
and I'm a bit jealous.

I'm interested in 'stateful' proc packages that can benefit from
accumulating data from updates
during a transaction and then performing an action at the end - perhaps
doing a bulk insert
in a pre-commit trigger, or communicating with an external system in a
post-commit trigger,
and using a begin tran or rollback trigger to tidy up the accumulator.

Would this be a difficult thing to add?

I quite like their temporary table treatment too.

James