Re: OIDS > INT_MAX displayed wrapped around

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OIDS > INT_MAX displayed wrapped around
Date: 2007-07-31 07:53:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Hi Kris,
>
> Kris Jurka a écrit :
>> The display for tables that have oids higher than INT_MAX is correct in
>> one dialog, but wrapped around in another. The popup properties is
>> wrong while the properties displayed in the core view is right. It's
>> difficult to describe exactly in words, so here's a screenshot.
>>
>> http://ejurka.com/pgsql/pgadmin/highoids.png
>>

> Thanks for the report and the screenshot. We use long instead of
> unsigned long in dlgProperties.cpp. So it should be pretty easy to fix
> but I need some time to build a test case.

I don't know how I can build such a test case. My generate_series to
build a billion inserts just failed with a "write failed" message...
Here is the patch. It compiles and works on my laptop but I don't know
if it really fixes the issue. If someone with a big enough database can
apply the patch and compile pgAdmin with it, I would be really happy to
know about the result.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.