Re: recover data

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Mahmood Ali <m_2pk(at)yahoo(dot)com>, Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: recover data
Date: 2007-07-27 09:37:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 26/07/2007 15:22, Mahmood Ali wrote:

> thanks for reply the Administrative -> Tools ->
> Services - is unable to start. my topic is that how
> can we recover data from any postgres sql without
> restore backup.

Hi Mahmood,

Please send replies to the list also, so others can benefit.

Have you tried connecting from the command line, on the server box, with
psql? - in order to establish whether the server is actually running.

psql -U <username> -p <port, if not 5432> <databasename>

Assuming that you can connect in this way, use pg_dump to create a text
dump file of the data.

pg_dump -U <username> -p <port, if not 5432> -d <database> -f <filename>

HTH,

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie