Re: Future of krb5 authentication

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Future of krb5 authentication
Date: 2007-07-18 11:26:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> But sure, we might leave it in there until there's a direct problem with it
> (other than the ones we already know). Can I still get my deprecation of it
> though? ;-)

I'm not sure what the deprecation would mean in the client-side. You're
going to need it if you want to connect to a server that uses it,
there's no alternative.

In the server, I don't see a problem with it. What would the deprecation
mean, though? Mention in the docs that it's going to removed sometime in
the future? A warning if you enable it?

--
Heikki Linnakangas