Re: stored procedure stats in collector

From: Martin Pihlak <martin(dot)pihlak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: stored procedure stats in collector
Date: 2007-07-16 12:31:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Neil Conway wrote:

> (schemaname, procname, nargs) is still ambiguous in the face of function
> overloading. Although the presence of procid uniquely identifies each
> function anyway, if you're going to include the name and argument
> information, it might be worth including the argument types as well (as
> an array of regtype, perhaps).

This is true. I was being a bit selfish here - in our environment we don't
use overloading that much - schema, name and nargs are usually sufficient.
It is also convinient to be able to do "select * from pg..." and have the
output not to wrap around.

>>From looking quickly at the patch, I don't think the current coding
> handles set-returning functions (ExecMakeTableFunctionResult).

Hmm, should be handled. The number of tuples returned is not counted though,
perhaps this is another thing to add ...

Regards,
Martin