Re: calling webservice through postgresql function

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Jyoti Seth <jyotiseth2001(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: calling webservice through postgresql function
Date: 2007-07-13 07:37:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

Jyoti Seth wrote:
> Thanks a lot for ur quick response. I have searched a lot on net for code to
> call a webservice through tcl/tk or any other scripting lang that is
> supported by postgresql, but couldn't find one. If u can provide me some
> code to call a web service through postgresql it would be a great help.

Just use pl/perlu (or pythonu or tclu) in whatever way you would
normally "call a webservice". That side of things has nothing to do with
PG (other than the fact that it will hold up your query).

If you don't know how to "call a webservice" then you'll need to check
with one of the developer forums for your language of choice I'm afraid.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd