Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Date: 2007-06-14 19:19:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

> Am I correct to think of this like changing collations leaving your btree
> index "corrupt"? In that case it probably won't cause any backend crash either
> but you will get incorrect results. For example, returning different results
> depending on whether the index or a full table scan is used.

Without exotic cases, maximum disaster may be that queries with some words will
return more or less results than should be. Because of wrong stemming or wrong
match of stop-word or wrong mapping.

By default, configuration is useful for most users and works for danish, dutch,
finnish, french, german, hungarian, italian, norwegian, portuguese, spanish,
swedish, russin and english languages.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/