Re: pgAdminIII 1.6.3 pasting 64K into a text column

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Belbin, Peter" <PBelbin(at)McLeodUSA(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdminIII 1.6.3 pasting 64K into a text column
Date: 2007-05-26 13:14:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

Belbin, Peter wrote:
> I'm using pgAdminIII 1.6.3 on a windows machine, and the program
> reliably dies whenever I try pasting 64K of text into a TEXT column
> using the table editor.
>
> The text column is defined as 65000 in length, and the db is using
> SQL_ASCII.
>
> It happens every time.

I cannot reproduce a crash in SVN trunk, but it does seem that the
wxWidgets text control was being created with a maximum length less than
it should have been. I've corrected that to use the maximum whereever
possible and tested with 100K+ strings with no problems.

Thanks for the report.

Regards, Dave