Bug: When installing pgpass.conf does not get created under XP

From: "Athanasios E(dot) Samaras" <ath(dot)samaras(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug: When installing pgpass.conf does not get created under XP
Date: 2007-05-26 14:10:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi there, I notice a bug in PGADMIN 1.6.3 when installing under on Windows
XP box and the user account used is not in English.

More details:

Windows XP 32bit / SP2

User account Αθανάσιος Σαμαράς (Greek Name, most probably it will appear
as????, but I assume that all the languages apart English must have the same
issue)

Application data location: “C:\Documents and Settings\Αθανάσιος
Σαμαράς\Application Data\”

Result: Can not open any database in pgadmin III due to error message “can
not open file C:\Documents and Settings\Αθανάσιος Σαμαράς\Application
Data\postgresql\pgpass.conf” and the program crashes, sending report back.

Reason: During installation the posgresql folder and pgpass.conf does not
get created.

Workaround: go to application data and create the postgresql folder
manually, create an empty file called pgpass.conf, since it is under your
account there should not be any problems with privileges.

Cheers

A.E.S.

Sakis Samaras