Re: Feature Request: Rename DB in pgAdmin

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature Request: Rename DB in pgAdmin
Date: 2007-05-24 14:02:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

Laurent ROCHE a écrit :
> Another feature request:
> I would like to be able to rename a database by right clicking on a database and choosing Rename from the context menu (which does not exist right now).
>
> I know I can do the same thing by opening a query window and writing a ALTER DATABASE ... RENAME TO ...
> command, but that would seems a nice command to have (particularly when developing and moving database around).

I first thought it would be easy to do with the properties dialog.
Unfortunately, it's more like a nightmare. You need to be the owner and
you need to have the CREATEDB privilege. Moreover, nobody must be
connected to it. Right click on it and pgAdmin launch a connection on it
(if it wasn't already done).

It really is more hard that I previously thought :) It does not seem
feasible right now.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/