Re: BUG #3288: Select command giving error

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Srinivas <srinivasthouta(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3288: Select command giving error
Date: 2007-05-17 20:44:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Srinivas wrote:

> Bug reference: 3288
> Logged by: Srinivas
> Email address: srinivasthouta(at)yahoo(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2
> Operating system: Win XP
> Details:
>
> Hi, We are using PGOleDB drivers with ASP.Net C# code. We could connect and
> give the Insert, Update and Delete commands successfully. When we give a
> Select command, it is giving the following error.
> 'PostgreSQL' failed with no error message available, result code:
> -2147221163(0x80040155).

Any specific reason you're using pgoledb from C#? You will likely get
much better results using the native npgsql driver.

It's been my experience that you often get this kind of unhelpful error
messages from the oledb layer regardless of what db you're using - I see
it all the time with the sqlserver and AD providers. Never really found
a good way to deal with it :( So if you can change, I very much
recommend you look at npgsql.

//Magnus