Re: Windows Vista Support

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: michael(dot)alexander(at)impowerproject(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows Vista Support
Date: 2007-05-17 08:04:35
Lists: pgsql-general

michael(dot)alexander(at)impowerproject(dot)com wrote:
> Can you confirm that you don't provide support for Windows Vista for any release
> of Postgres. I'm dumbfounded an it appears that you don't support Vista. If so,
> are you planning any releases. I have a major project and was hoping to use
> Postgres.

I too am dumbfounded and outraged, outraged!!! that Microsoft failed to
provide engineering or test support in the run up to releasing Vista.
You'd think they had a rival product, or something against open-source,
or some such.

BTW - where does it say the project doesn't/isn't planning to support Vista?

30 seconds googling seems to suggest otherwise:
http://www.nabble.com/Installation-fails-on-windows-vista-t3724831.html
http://www.nabble.com/Installation-fails-on-windows-vista-t3724831.html

And it looks like the forthcoming 8.3 is being tested daily:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd