Re: Feature freeze progress report

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature freeze progress report
Date: 2007-05-01 20:42:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Andrew,
>

>> So if the commercial
>> backers of PostgreSQL want better management of the project, maybe they
>> need to find some resources to help out.
>>

> I don't think they really care, or we'd have heard something by now. I
> think this is up to us PG developers.

Well, I have no confidence that any formal system will succeed without
someone trusted by core and committers stepping up to the plate to do
the required ongoing legwork.

As for voting on patches, that seems a most un-postgres-like way of
doing things. What is more, it assumes that multiple people will be
reviewing patches. Our trouble right now is finding even one qualified
reviewer with enough time for some patches.

cheers

andrew