Details not refreshing

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Details not refreshing
Date: 2007-04-11 13:59:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave et al.,

A small thing I've noticed - not a problem, but just an inconsistency
with behaviour elsewhere in pgAdmin (I'm on 1.6.3).

I have a table selected in the object tree view, so that its
reverse-engineered SQL definition is visible in the SQL pane. I then
proceed to add something to it - a constraint or a new column - by
right-clicking on the table in the tree and selecting "New Object". When
the addition of the new object is finished, neither the tree view nor
the SQL pane reflect the addition until I refresh by pressing F5.

Maybe this is intended? - but when you create a new object at a higher
level in the tree, such as a database, table or view, the new object
appears immediately in the tree, and it would seem consistent to refresh
the tree in the same way when lower-level objects are added.

Regards,
Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie