Re: JDBC: pl/pgsql function runs but does not do anything

From: Rob W <digital_illuminati(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC: pl/pgsql function runs but does not do anything
Date: 2009-07-13 14:46:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

--- On Mon, 7/13/09, John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com> wrote:

> Are you running inside a transaction that is being
> cancelled or not committed?

I was not explicitly beginning or ending a transaction. However, this response inspired me to try the obvious (in hindsight):

connection.setAutocommit(true)

And hey presto, it worked. The odd thing is that not one single example/tutorial I looked at anywhere explicitly sets autocommit, so figuring this out was a guessing game. On the bright side, I won't forget about setting autocommit to true in a hurry!

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.