Can't drop tablespace or user after disk gone

From: "Craig A(dot) James" <cjames(at)modgraph-usa(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't drop tablespace or user after disk gone
Date: 2007-04-04 16:43:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

I had a 'scratch' database for testing, which I deleted, and then disk went out. No problem, no precious data. But now I can't drop the tablespace, or the user who had that as the default tablespace.

I thought about removing the tablespace from pg_tablespaces, but it seems wrong to be monkeying with the system tables. I still can't drop the user, and can't drop the tablespace. What's the right way to clear out Postgres when a disk fails and there's no reason to repair the disk?

Thanks,
Craig