Re: Finding Queries that have been done on a DB

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: 4wheels <bhughes(at)h4industries(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finding Queries that have been done on a DB
Date: 2007-04-04 01:59:46
Lists: pgsql-general

4wheels wrote:
> Hello all!
> This is my first post! I am interested in finding out what queries have
> been made against a particular database in postgres. The version of Postgres
> is 8.0 running on Mandrake 10. The queries are made by client computers
> over the network. What steps must I take to accomplish such a task? Is
> this even at all a feasible goal?

Yep it is.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-logging.html

If you set 'log_statement = all' in your postgresql.conf file and look
at the other params you'll get what you need.

That will log all statements to the db, not just to a particular database.

Though you could use 'log_line_prefix' to put in the database name and
then a grep of the log will get you what you want :)

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/