Re: Compiling Stored Procedure

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Danilo Freitas da Costa <cedes11(at)edza(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling Stored Procedure
Date: 2006-11-14 15:36:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

> I'm new in postgre and I'm using the 8.1 version.
> I need do some [Stored] Procedure in the Database to gain moreperformance in some queries
> execution. However, these SPs must becompiled.
> Some SPs is already created in plpgsql. Is it possible compilethem? If not, how can I do that?
>
> I read about write functions in C, but I didn't found functionsusing sql statements...

The following link is a starting point for developing stored procedures using C. However, most
advanced users recomend usings one of the trusted PL scripting languages because the development
time and code complexity is greatly reduced. But if you are looking to develop advanced functions
SPI is where you should turn to. The only other reason for using compiled C is to hide your
business logic from less advanced re-engineering coders.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/spi.html

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.