Why NESTED LOOP Not Allowed for FULL and RIGHT Join.

From: "Rushabh Lathia" <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Why NESTED LOOP Not Allowed for FULL and RIGHT Join.
Date: 2007-08-20 14:01:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

can anyone let me know that why Nested Loop path is not allowed if jointype
are JOIN_RIGHT or JOIN_FULL?

At match_unsorted_outer(), we having case where nestjoinOK = false if there
are
JOIN_RIGHT or JOIN_FULL.

match_unsorted_outer()
{
case JOIN_RIGHT:
case JOIN_FULL:
nestjoinOK = false;

..
}

wondering why ?

Regards,
Rushabh Lathia

rushabh(dot)lathia(at)EnterpriseDB(dot)com