initdb error message

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb error message
Date: 2007-03-23 10:44:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

sometimes I am confused ...
I tried an initdb and got a error message about no space left on device
and semaphores stuff (the message was in german, because my system is
german, that's the reason, I don't paste this message here).

No hint, that I just have forgotten, to stop the daemon.

Is it possible to add a hint in that error message, that maybe just
the daemon is still running?

Only for confused persons like me :)

Regards,

Susanne