Feature request

From: Kevin Macdonald <kevin(dot)macdonald(at)pentura(dot)ca>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Feature request
Date: 2007-03-14 15:25:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Version: pgAdmin III 1.6.2

I would like to make two feature requests for the "Query Tool".

Background: Our environment includes a number Postgres installations.
For each installation, we have defined a number of accounts (eg.
postgres, and various restricted user-level accounts.)

REQUEST 1
---------

Often, I have a number of "Query Tool" windows open at any one time --
each connected to a different database and through a different account.

It would be very useful to know which window points where. One way would
be to print the name of the database and account, through which the
connection was made, in the title bar of the Query Tool window.
Currently, the title bar is empty.

REQUEST 2
---------

I also use SQL*Navigator to access our Oracle installations. On useful
feature is that it allows multiple SQL statements to appear in the
window, and it lets you run an arbitrary statement by positioning your
cursor on the line and press F5.

Of course, each statement would have to be terminated by a semi-colon.

For example:
select * from foo;
update foo set col = 'Fred';

If the cursor was positioned on line 1, when you press F5, the SELECT
would run; if the cursor was on line 2, when you press F%, the UPDATE
would run.

Thank you.