Re: Access violation - probably not the fault of Postgres

From: David Gardner <david(dot)gardner(at)yucaipaco(dot)com>
To: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access violation - probably not the fault of Postgres
Date: 2007-03-12 20:54:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Paul,
Some questions come to mind.
1) Do these errors appear to be coming from the PG server, the odbc
driver, VB or DAO?
2) When you manually create the data, what are you using?

3) Have you tried replacing the Recordset.AddNew() function with the
database object's .execute() function? What I am basicly asking is, is
it possible to change the load_xxx_to_db() subroutine to return a SQL
query string.

4) Could you turn on the CommLog option in the ODBC driver, and send
that log to the mailing list along with your current VB logs?

David