Re: GIST and TOAST

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: andrew(at)supernews(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GIST and TOAST
Date: 2007-03-06 18:45:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> It doesn't actually crash, it just fails CHECKARRVALID. I added an assertion
> in there to cause it to generate a core dump.

Wow, catch that, see attached patch.

g_int_decompress doesn't returns detoasted array in case it was empty.
Previously it was safe because empty array never has been toasted.

Should I commit it or you'll include in your patch?

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
intarray_varlena.patch text/plain 542 bytes