Re: Crashing v1.6.2 with a syntax error

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crashing v1.6.2 with a syntax error
Date: 2007-02-25 18:46:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave!

dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:
> Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
>
> (...)
>> The "essential" part ist the "%" at the end of the first string.
>>

> Yeah, in some cases that string was going through a printf variant, so
> it was trying to expand the %. Fixed for 1.6.3.
>

>> After that the error message was scrambled differently:
>> loc = '%a' loc = ''
>>

> Yeah, it would have been unpredictable because of the bug above. Can you
> test the SVN code please, and let me know if there's still a problem.
>
> Cheers, Dave.

Testing pgAdmin III v1.6.3 rev: 5941M on Win XP (SP2), hosts are PG 8.1.8 on Debian Sarge and PG 8.2.1 on Debian Etch.

The new Windows binary I have got from Dave does not crash any more. The
problem at had seems fixed. :)

I noticed, however, that another issue mentioned in my report is still
there. Referring to what Laurent ROCHE posted initially on Tue, 9 Jan
2007: "Still no text for error messages only numbers for 1.6.2 (aka the
Saga continues)". I will post a reply to that thread.

Regards
Erwin