I've compiled and installed -- what next?

From: Rob Tanner <rtanner(at)linfield(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I've compiled and installed -- what next?
Date: 2007-01-12 22:24:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've compiled and installed v8.2.1 to use in conjunction with the Xythos
document management system. My problem is getting from home to first
base. I normally live in a MySql world and the first thing I do after
installing the DBMS is set the "root" or superuser password. The PDF
documentation talks about the superuser and database owner(s). How do I
define the superuser and then secure that user with a password?

Thanks,
Rob

--

Rob Tanner