Re: Re : Re : Backup file not UTF-8 (introduced

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re : Re : Backup file not UTF-8 (introduced
Date: 2007-01-10 10:08:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave Page a ecrit le 10/01/2007 10:56:
> Laurent ROCHE wrote:
>> But the problem is that using pg_dump does not produce the same file format than PG Admin (re: SERIAL, see on of my previous post). So you are using the pg_dump routine when I use the command line: it's different anyway with different options.
>>

> How can it not produce the same file format - it calls pg_dump to do the
> backup!!
>
> As for the options, pgAdmin shows the command line it uses on the
> messages tab when you run the backup so you can easily duplicate what
> it's doing.

pgAdmin uses 8.2 pg_dump to dump a database. Perhaps Laurent use another
pg_dump release. I mean, if he has a 7.4 database cluster, 7.4 pg_dump
won't create the same dump as a 8.2 pg_dump.

BTW, I think this should be a TODO : be able to choose a pg_dump release
to make a backup. I think it has already been asked. (To be honest, I
didn't search on the roadmap to see if it was already there.)

Regards.

--
Guillaume.