Re: 7.4RC1 planned for Monday

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4RC1 planned for Monday
Date: 2003-10-31 00:27:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What if we delayed until the end of the year?

Nope, not for those items. There is still some thought of a very short
release cycle (a few months) for 7.5, and we could possibly address the
vacuum issue in that timeframe, if the recent ideas about it prove out.
But there is no consensus on how to fix the integer-index issues, and
I'm not willing to hold 7.4 (or even 7.5) hostage to finding one.

Sooner or later you have to say "this release is done, let's ship it".
It's way too late to go back into invention mode for 7.4.