Re: Anyone? Best way to authenticate postgres against

From: Derrick Stensrud <dstensrud(at)worleyco(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Anyone? Best way to authenticate postgres against
Date: 2006-12-19 15:52:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks I've been trying to use pam_ldap but I keep getting this error
from postgres. I think it may have something to do with postgres
running as the postgres user and not having permissions to something,
but I have no idea what.

LOG: pam_authenticate failed: Conversation error
FATAL: PAM authentication failed for user "bkelly"
LOG: could not send data to client: Broken pipe
LOG: pam_authenticate failed: User not known to the underlying
authentication module
FATAL: PAM authentication failed for user "bkelly"

this is my pam.d/postgresql file:
#####
auth required /lib/security/pam_ldap.so debug
account required /lib/security/pam_ldap.so debug
#####